Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I can understand now why...

  1. #1
    Blast from the Past
    Guest Blast from the Past's Avatar

    Post

    This board is dead when I am not posting comments. You have the "reason and Trav Show" and it really isn't worth viewing is it? It's like a less interesting Jerry Springer Show, or a less amusing Beavis and Butthead. And to think how much fun this board used to be. Kind of sad. But that's what happens when the wrong kind dominate the discussion...

    <font color="#FFFFAA" size="1">[ April 14, 2005 10:04 AM: Message edited by: G L ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Look GL I can only speak for myself, but there may be others who feel the same way. You take every opportunity to let us know how much better you have it then we do.

    You like living in a trailer decorated like a French Whore?s bedroom in what I consider the armpit of Florida, fine enjoy yourself. But give it a rest will you; I?m tired of it.

    You see I lived in that state for 37 years.

    I have been:
    Diving in the Keys
    Site fishing for Redfish off Sanibel Island
    Tarpon fishing in the Banana River
    Sharking fishing from the beach on Singer Island
    Tubing the Ichetucknee River
    Snorkeling in Blue Springs
    Snook fishing off Marco Island
    Canoeing the Loxahatchee River
    Fishing for Sailfish off Stuart
    Fishing for Kingfish off Juno
    Air Boating in the Everglades
    Riding the loop around the big O
    Riding through the Ocala horse country

    I have vacationed in:
    The keys
    Sanibel Island
    St. Augustine
    Amelia Island
    Marco Island
    Cedar Key
    Apalachicola
    Daytona Beach
    Orlando

    I have lived in:
    Riviera Beach
    Lake Park
    Jupiter
    Hobe Sound
    Gainesville

    I have adult children living in:
    Stuart
    Gainesville
    Tallahassee

    I have relatives in:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    West Palm Beach
    Port Saint Lucie
    Pompano
    Boca Raton

    I have friends in:
    Lake Worth
    Stuart
    North Palm Beach
    Pinellas Park
    Vero Beach
    Deland

    I was snorkeling for tropical fish on the reefs of Palm Beach when you were getting beat up in Kindergarten. I have forgotten more about Florida then you know.

    You live in a part of Florida that is populated by low rent snowbirds that couldn?t afford the nice places. All you did was exchange one two-bit town for another.

  3. #3
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn...that was harsh even for you Trav! [img]eek.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Jumper69:
    Damn...that was harsh even for you Trav! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know, but I?m fed up with all his nanny nanny boo boo shit.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK here you go.

    The UF campus police arrested me for throwing a beer bottle at Jane Fonda, missed the bitch.

    Met Abby Hoffman at the 1972 republican convention in Miami. He told me to not take the free Quaaludes the guys with the short hair and aviator glasses were giving out.

    Learned how to navigate in the middle of a Nor?easter while trying to cross the Gulf Stream in a 32-foot boat at night with 18 to 20 foot waves while the owner of the boat was puking down below.

    Caught a 12-foot 580 pound hammerhead shark out of my 13-foot Boston Whaler and all I had to shoot it with was a 22. Came in 10th in the tournament

    Swamped the same 13-foot Whaler in Jupiter Inlet with 110 Spanish mackerel on board.

    Ran into a telephone pole with my fathers boat and sunk it.

    Spend the weekend in bed with 3 women.

    Was refused service at an ice cream stand in South Carolina in 1969 because the manager thought I was a hippy.

  6. #6
    Blast from the Past
    Guest Blast from the Past's Avatar

    Post

    By all means bad mouth this area of Florida as often as you can, it is growing far too crowded. The more people who think as you do the better.

    As to your other observations, with all your money one would think you wouldn't live in such a shitty neighborhood. But I'm sure you feel "at home" in such surroundings.

    You said:

    "I have friends in:

    Pinellas Park"

    Do not consider me one of them. Which I am sure you have long since stopped doing or you wouldn't be such a vulgar and arrogant prick.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by G L:
    By all means bad mouth this area of Florida as often as you can, it is growing far too crowded. The more people who think as you do the better.

    As to your other observations, with all your money one would think you wouldn't live in such a shitty neighborhood. But I'm sure you feel "at home" in such surroundings.

    You said:

    "I have friends in:

    Pinellas Park"

    Do not consider me one of them. Which I am sure you have long since stopped doing or you wouldn't be such a vulgar and arrogant prick.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No I was not refering to you. I know other people there.

    Don't you understand your your own worst enemy. God your skin is about as thick as a hair. This thing started out as a joke. You were the one who got up set.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Lew's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You know, it's like, Jumper is still my boy and everything, but if someone had said to me "Lew, to whom does this quote refer- I once had sex with a girl on her father's grave'?" And I could pick from anyone on this board, JUMPER WOULD BE MY FIRST GUESS!!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I could see GL getting into an argument with the host at Napoleon's tomb.

    And I could see Trav drinking a bottle of Opus One on the beach in Tahiti.

    I have no trouble envisioning Greg thinking about taking a torch to the Precinct but wussing out at the last second when he came to his senses.

    I can see jdf trying to hurt people with kites...oh way, that's not an envision, THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.....

  9. #9
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Lew, that girl was seriously messed up but DAMN was she hot.

    Somehow I'm thinking the term "all in the family" had special meaning for her. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    In my defense I didn't even know it was her dad's grave until about a week afterwards.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Lew's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah? Well Trav in Florida ain't got nuttin' on me in Indiana. Check this out:

    In Indiana I have:

    1) Ate lunch in a trailer that had once been used as a meth lab

    2) Had convicted felons fix me an apple fritter while visiting the jail

    3) Had a client plead to a sentence that included him never being allowed to operate a vehicle for the rest of his life, only to leave the courthouse, get into his car, and drive away

    4) Watched supposedly tough guys from Hanover College literally crap their pants when they thought the Judge was sending them to jail, only to see one of them pass out when he did

    5) Looked 21 year-olds in the eye, and realized right then and there that life was over for them before it began and they are never going to right the ship. (Only I do convince myself that you never give up on anyone)

    6) Almost bitch-slapped John Mellencamp in Bloomington one time.

    7) Lost a pocket watch at Indiana Dunes.

    8) Cried at James Dean's grave, only to later learn it was the over-rated actor and not the sausage king

    So I mean, Trav ain't the only one who gets around....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •